Cute Gifts: Keychain Chapstick HoldersLucinda Winston
For this project, you can use your sew-on name labels to hold the chapstick case on your key ring. With this simple design, you can customize it to hold other things, too. Just keep in mind that it will be on your key ring, so don’t make it too large or heavy.
- Fabric remnants in fun colors
- Liner fabric (optional)
- Keychain rings
- Sewing machine
- When cutting your fabric, you have two options. You can use one piece of fabric and cut it to 2 1/2 by 9 inches, or use two different fabrics and cut them at 1 1/2 by 9 inches.
- If using just one piece of fabric, fold it in half with right sides touching, iron it flat and pin it in place. For two pieces, pin them together on each long side with right sides touching.
- Stitch the open sides in place using a 1/4” seam allowance. You can do this the same, regardless if you use one or two pieces of fabric. Trim the edges of each sewn side before continuing.
- Turn the strip of material right side out. Press it flat with the iron again.
- Take one short edge and fold it up by 1/2”. Press it flat, and fold it up again by 1/4”. Press this flat, too, and pin in place. Use a 1/8” seam allowance and stitch right down the middle of the folded part.
- Flip it over to access the other side. Hem the edge as in the step above.
- Flip up the side with the newly hemmed edge and press in place, leaving an inch or two at the top. Sew 1/8” seams on either side.
- Thread the key ring through the top, and you’re all done!
For more crafting ideas and to learn about our labels, contact us at It’s Mine!