Felt Tree Skirt with Scalloped EdgeLucinda Winston
A great project you can try for the holidays is making scalloped tree skirts adorned with sewing labels on each one. These make great gifts to give out to friends and family ahead of Christmas. These are really easy to make and do not require too many steps or materials, unless you want to alter the design.
- 36″ x 36″ piece of felt (any color)
- Ribbon of choice
- Fabric marker
- Sewing machine
- Cut template out and use it to trace the cutout 16 times on the piece of felt. Now, cut all of the felt into the 16 pieces. Use multiple colors to mix and match if you are making multiple skirts.
- Place two pieces together and pin the edges together. Sew the edges together using a zigzag stitch with your thread color of choice. You can use a different thread color than the color of the felt.
- Continue sewing until you have 8 pairs. After this, leave the last 1 1/2 inches from the tips without stitching. This is where you can make room for the tree trunk.
- Keep sewing until you get to the last piece. Leave the first and last ones without stitching. Choose a ribbon of your choice and sew two pieces onto the skirt, one on the first and last edge. Use this ribbon to tie the skirt onto the tree.
- Alternately, you can cut out a circle in the center of the skirt and then line that with the ribbon.
For more craft tutorials or to buy labels, contact us at It’s Mine!