How to Make Your Clothing and Apparel Business Easier to Find Online
Being found online by potential customers normally starts with them using a search engine. If your business is not on the first page of results, chances are you are not going to be noticed. If you want your business on the first page of results, consider using the following tips and suggestions.
- Refresh your website. If your website has not been updated in six months or longer, it is time to refresh your site with new content and pictures. Search engines index websites, and those that are being updated on a regular basis are considered “active” and get higher search result ratings. In addition, remember to verify your website is responsive for mobile device visitors.
- Offer customers customization options. Customers want more flexibility to customize their apparel and clothing. For instance, you could offer customers the option to custom create their own clothing labels used on your apparel products. By offering customization options, some of your customers will share your website on social media sites to inform their friends and others of this unique feature.
- Start posting blogs on your website. Blog and video blog series count as new content on your website. Posting regular, useful information about your products, tips, how-to’s, and other such pieces of content not only helps improve search result ratings, but can also convert a visitor into a customer.
- Take advantage of social media. Having a few social media sites and putting links to your main website, as well as links to social media sites form your main site, create what search engines refer to as “back linking” and can potentially help improve your position in search results.
- Enable user-driven features where appropriate. Allow people to share, like, and comment on your social media content, as well as blog posts. The more a piece of content is shared, the more it helps improve search result placement.
By taking the time to review your website and its content, and make regular updates, you can make it easier for people to find your clothing and apparel business online. For personalized and customizable clothing and sewing labels to use on your products, contact It’s Mine! Labels today at 1-866-695-2235.