Pretty Knitting Labels: Add the Perfect Touch to Your Knitted ItemsLucinda Winston
If you love knitting and giving your finished pieces to family and friends, custom woven knitting labels can be a very thoughtful touch. Creating a label with your own choice of text, attractive lettering and background colors, and perhaps a sweet icon is easy to do and doesn’t count a lot. Purely for fun or to create a personal legacy that can last for generations as a family heirloom, give your items a final loving touch.
Whether printed, woven, burlap or satin, sew on knitting labels are easy to apply to knitted items. Simply tuck under each end of the label and stitch down in each corner! Stick on and iron on labels do not work well with yarn and should not be used.
Adding a woven label to knitted items
If you love knitting, and give your finished pieces to family and friends, adding a pretty custom woven label can be a very thoughtful touch. Creating a label with your own choice of text, attractive lettering and background colors, and perhaps a sweet icon, is easy to do, and gives a final loving touch to the finished item.
Creative Ideas for Knitting Labels
- Think about what sentiment you would like to impart to the recipient. “Made with love by Grandma”, “Prayerfully made for you”, “With love for you in every stitch”…the options are endless!
- Text can be meaningful in other ways. Sometimes items are given in memory of a loved one, and adding their name or personal slogan to the label ensures that their memory will live on.
- Choose an icon that is significant to you. A ball of yarn and needles is always popular, but an adorable lamb, flower, or angel can also be a great decorative element.
- How visible do you want the label to be? A contrasting color will make the label stand out, but some people prefer that their labels blend in with the clothes themselves. Even custom knitting labels don’t necessarily to be flashy.
- Choose an appropriately sized label for your needs. If you are knitting baby sweaters, a narrow 3/8″ wide label could be ideal. If you are knitting blankets, a label that is 1″ wide and can accommodate 3 lines of text, might better suit your purposes. We also recommend a larger size for attaching labels to knitted scarves.
- It’s often helpful to work backwards by first choosing the text and then figuring out what size label is required to pull off the design.
Please reach out to us if you have any questions about our knitting labels. In addition to general tips about ordering labels for knitted items, we will be happy to offer some quick advice that speaks to your personal knitting projects. There’s no reason to feel stuck or uncertain about your label design, ordering process, or delivery time.