How and Where to Use LabelsLucinda Winston
So, you have just received the gift of a huge box of labels for clothing—now what? If you are at a loss, and you don’t know what to do with the labels, you came to the right place. Here at It’s Mine!, labels are our area of expertise. We are here to help you learn everything you need to know about the many different ways you can use labels on your clothing.
- You can label children’s clothing to make it easy to keep track of every item and keep the clothing separated.
- You can label your own clothing before you go on a trip. This can help to ensure that, if your items are lost, there is a good chance they will come home to you. You can also add a label to your luggage in a snap, so there is no mistake where the luggage belongs.
- You can label homemade clothing items, and help give your small business a boost. When you sell or give away your homemade items, everyone will know who made the items—and they just might want to buy more.
Those are just a few of the ways you can use labels on your clothing. The truth is that you can label just about anything you want—clothing and material items, too. Here are some useful tips to help you as you start labeling items in your home.
- Pay attention to the directions of the label. Some labels are meant to be sewn directly into clothing and other materials. Other labels require the use of an iron to seal the label onto the item. Still other labels require nothing more than removing adhesive backing, so you can stick the label wherever it is needed.
- Choose labels that match the clothing or item. If you are adding a label to a carefully-crafted scarf, you want a label that is small and delicate, one that will not overpower the scarf. On the other hand, if you are labeling your son’s baseball mitt, you want one that is easy to read and easy to see.
- Don’t be afraid to use your labels. Once you get started, you may not want to stop. You can label everything from clothing to toys. You can even label food storage containers, shoes, handbags, and much more. If a label can fit, there is sure to be a label you can use.
- Labels are ideal for school supplies, such as backpacks and books. School-age children have a habit of losing items, so labels will ensure that everything winds up back in the hands of the rightful owner.
Now that you have a general idea about some of the uses of labels, and you know how to use the labels, you are ready to start your own labeling at home. Take your time, follow directions, and soon, all of your clothing and items will have a picture-perfect label.
To learn more about labels and to check out our selection of quality labels, contact us today at It’s Mine!