Essential Custom Labels for CraftersLucinda Winston
If you are a crafter, whether you knit scarves and sweaters for your loved ones, or sew your children’s clothing, custom clothing label can help boost your garments and textile crafts to the next label. It’s Mine Labels offers a wide range of labels that are perfect for your crafters, including sewing labels and iron-on clothing labels.
What is the best type of label for your project? Clothes that children play in are usually soft and smooth, as opposed to knitted scarves and hats, which can have a chunkier texture. Before you decide which label will be best for your purposes, take a look at the different uses of the labels we have available. We have custom labels for crafters of all kinds of hobbies, and finding the best one for you is half the fun!
Timeless Sew-On Custom Labels
Sew-on labels can attach to most fabrics because they are stitched onto the garment or item. Crafters can easily see the high quality of our embroidered woven labels. If you are needing labels for knitting or crocheting projects, or just want to add a timeless, elegant finishing touch to your handmade goods, then see if these sew-on labels are right for you:
* Sew-On 3/8” Classic Woven Labels: These labels have a classic, timeless, handmade feel that is perfect to accent your handmade garments. The text is embroidered directly into the label, guaranteeing lasting quality, and the label can be hand sewn onto your garment to make it feel even more personal. Include your name, the occasion, or a personal message to help your loved ones remember the occasion.
* Sew-On 1” Designer Woven Labels: These labels are similar to the classic woven labels, but have an even higher handmade feel. They are available in a wide range of colors, and the information is embroidered in very fine thread to yield a beautiful label that you will be proud to affix to your garments.
* Sew-On ½” Woven Labels: Sewing labels are ideal for knitted garments, since iron-on labels don’t attach nearly as neatly as sew-on labels do. Choose a natural thread, like hemp, for a beautiful nostalgic feel.
Versatile Iron-On Labels
Many of the custom labels for crafters that we recommend are available in sew-on or iron-on varieties. For those crafters who are looking to quickly and securely attach labels to their clothes and apparel, iron-on labels offer a great combination of convenience and quality.
* Iron-On Satin Labels: These labels are available in white or black, and are perfect for garments that are created for people with sensitive skin. They are thin, soft, and easily attached to garments. They are also perfect for thin garments where thicker woven labels would create an unsightly bump. These Satin Labels are one of our highly recommended types of custom labels for crafters because they are so versatile!
* Iron-On Standard Labels: These labels are general purpose, thin, and durable. They aren’t as fancy as satin labels, but offer a choice of lettering fonts, colors, and icons, and are ideal for many different types of accessories and clothing items. These are slightly less expensive and are easy to design and attach. Consider including a personal message or date to help your loved ones remember the occasion that the garment was created to commemorate, or include a simple “I love you” to bring an extra warm fuzzy feeling.
* Iron-On 3/8” Classic Woven Labels: These labels have the same handmade, classic feel, but are affixed to your garment with an iron instead of needle and thread. We specifically recommend this label as one of our custom labels for crafters because it is perfect for fabrics that you don’t want to puncture with thread, and can create a smoother look, as there are fewer bumps that result from attaching them.